Temple Terrace Police Department Mission Statement
COURAGE HONOR COMMITMENT
It is the mission of the Temple Terrace Police Department to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce the incidence and fear of crime, to enhance public safety, and to earn the public’s trust by providing service with understanding, response with courage, performance with honor and law enforcement with compassion.
- The ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. Physical courage is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death; while moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.
- Courage is the mental, moral and physical inner strength required of every officer of the Temple Terrace Police Department. It carries us through the daily challenges we face and leads us to always seek to do the right thing, in the right way, for the right reasons.
- Honor guides the officers of the Temple Terrace Police Department to exemplify the highest standard of ethical conduct and moral behavior; to never lie, cheat, or steal; to abide by an uncompromising code of honor and integrity; and to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- The qualities of maturity, dedication, trust, and dependability bind our officers in one accord to act responsibly; to fulfill their obligations; and to hold themselves and one another accountable for their actions.
- Integrity, responsibility and accountability.
- The spirit of determination and dedication to the cause of law enforcement found corporately within the Temple Terrace Police Department. It leads to the highest order of discipline throughout our organization and binds us together toward our common purpose. It is the ingredient that enables each officer to have an uncompromising dedication to the law enforcement profession and to the community we serve. It inspires our unrelenting determination to achieve a standard of excellence in every endeavor.
To Protect with Courage, Serve with Honor, and Persevere with Commitment