The health, safety and well-being of our community is a top priority for everyone involved in city government. City officials continue to monitor public health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Temple Terrace is participating in a coordinated response with regional, state and federal authorities to help minimize local impact. Precautionary measures, as well as updates to city services, program schedules and community events are published in real-time on the city’s web page and Facebook page. Please check these resources often to ensure you have the latest information available.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus, which is spread through person-to-person contact.
Persons 12 years and older are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine (age restrictions may vary depending on the type of vaccine). Register at vaccine.gov or call a local pharmacy or grocery to secure an appointment. If you are a veteran, you may be able to get a vaccine through the Veteran's Administration. For a list of all available vaccine options in Hillsborough County, click here. Vaccines
For more information about the vaccine, click here to see a presentation from the City's Medical Director Brooke Shepard, MD, MPH, FACEP, at a December meeting of the City Council. Dr. Shepard, an emergency medicine physician, spoke about the Country's response to the virus as well as to the safety and reliability of the new and pending vaccinations for the coronavirus.
For a list of nearby testing sites go to Hillsborough.FloridaHealth.gov or FloridaHealthCovid19.gov. Pre-screening is not required. Neither insurance nor a doctor’s note is needed to be tested. Learn more about the virus and ways to protect yourself.
Effect of COVID-19 on City facilities and services
Family Recreation Complex
The Family Recreation Complex is open. Hours are M-F, from 6am - 8pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am - 4pm. Call 813.506.6600 for a schedule of classes and more info or pick up a copy of Playbook at the Rec Complex or view online. Due to cautions regarding COVID-19, the public must comply with the following rules while using this City facility:
- Entry restricted to members only
- Building capacity is limited, as is usage of pool, tennis and basketball courts (members must provide their own balls/equipment)
- Tennis courts can be reserved by calling 813.506.6600
- All minors 14 and younger must be accompanied by parent or caregiver at all times
- Sanitize/wash hands before and after use of this facility
- Stay home if you are sick
- No loitering
- Older adults and those with underlying chronic medical conditions are at greater risk for serious complications from COVID-19 and have been advised to limit contact with the general public. If you or someone you know – an elderly or ill neighbor, friend or relative – needs assistance, the City may be able to help. Call 813.506.6406 or email email@example.com and we will do our best to make arrangements. Please share online or in person with those who might benefit.
- Hillsborough County Government received federal funding to assist residents, including those in Temple Terrace, who are unable to pay rent and utilities due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The funding supports the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), which aims to prevent recipients from experiencing further financial hardship or additional consequences to living conditions by providing eligible and approved households up to $7,500 for past-due rent and up to $750 for past-due TECO utilities. Applications for eligible households at or below 50% Area Median Income (AMI) or with zero income 90 days prior are now being accepted. Applications open for eligible households at or below 80% AMI also are being accepted. For more information, click here.